Blue Ridge Mountain EMC released an automated outage texting service. Current members were automatically opted in to the service with the cell number on file with their membership account. BRMEMC offers this service FREE to its members, but standard text messaging rates still apply. Members may opt out of this service at any time.If you’re not sure that your cell number is listed on your membership account please contact the customer service department at (706) 379-3121. You may also opt in to the outage texting service by following the steps below.
- Opt in for Power Outage Alerts
- 1. Text Power to (800) 292-6456*
- 2. Select your address**
- 3. Report your power outage***
- *Standard text message rates apply
- **The cell phone number used for this service must be the cell number on your BRMEMC membership account. To add your cell number to your account call BRMEMC’s customer service department at (706) 379-3121.
- ***Internet outages will not be reported, click here for Broadband Support.
This system is fully automated, and does not rely on human interaction from office employees. Please use only the following keywords, as anything else will not be recognized.
- OUT - Report an outage at your location
- STATUS - Get more info about an outage
- QUIT - Opt out of outage notifications
- HELP - Get help with your outage notifications
- Click here for more information about reporting outages via text.
Want to sign up through your web browser? Sign up for Blue Ridge Mountain EMC's texting service.