Visit this link https://www.facebook.com/BRMEMC/posts/859568192840505?notif_id=1695651788101909¬if_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif to view photos from the Annual Meeting.
BRMEMC's 2023 Annual Meeting
SAVE THE DATE
Saturday, September 9
on the Young Harris College campus
We're celebrating 85 years of serving the counties of Towns, Union, Fannin, Clay and Cherokee!
8 a.m. - Registration and voting begins
Register, pick up registration gift, ballots for in-person voting, full schedule of events, and tickets for lunch, the planetarium and soccer games. Sign up for a YHC campus walking tour.
9 a.m. - Special music by YHC students
10 a.m. - Business meeting opens
Come hear former First Lady of Georgia Mrs. Shirley Miller speak about the impact she has seen BRMEMC make in our communities throughout the years. General Manager Allan Glidewell will give a Co-op update.
11 a.m. - Registration and voting closes; business session begins
BRMEMC's Board of Directors will conduct the business session. Hear the election results and stick around for door prize drawings with a chance to win a $1,000 gift card when the business session is closed.
12 p.m. - Picnic-style lunch in Suber Banquet Hall
Enjoy a brat with all the fixin's, sides, gourmet cookies and drinks. Mingle with BRMEMC Board of Directors, the general manager, past and present employees, and generations of BRMEMC members from all five counties.
This is a tentative schedule and is subject to change.
USE THE FORM AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE TO PRE-REGISTER FOR THE KILOWATTS AND BRATS ANNUAL MEETING!
Voting Information for the 2023 Annual Meeting
- Members will be mailed an official notice of the Annual Meeting and mail-in ballots in early-August.
- Members that we have an email address on file will also receive an email to vote online. The body of the email will contain online voting credentials.
- Survey and Ballot Systems will handle the voting process.
- Three members of the Board of Directors terms expire at this year’s Annual Meeting. The Nominating Committee has nominated the following members as candidates:
- Danny Henson (incumbent), Union County, Ga.
- Jeff Ledford (incumbent), Clay County, N.C.
- Bert Rogers (incumbent), Towns County, Ga.
- Nominations made by petition will close on Monday, July 17.
- Preliminary Election Timeline
- Voting begins Tuesday, August 1
- Online voting ends Thursday, September 7
- Mail-in ballots must be received by Survey & Ballot Systems on Thursday, September 7
- In-person voting occurs on Saturday, September 9 at the Annual Meeting
BRMEMC's Annual Meeting will be held in Glenn-McGinnis Hall on YHC's campus Saturday, September 9.