BRMEMC's 2022 Annual Meeting
Saturday, September 24
in the Anderson Music Hall
Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds
8-11 a.m. - Registration and voting; donuts and beverages available
9:15 a.m. - Early Entertainment provided by Lindsay Beth Harper
10 a.m. - Meeting begins; includes the Manager's Report; and Entertainment provided by Blairsville native Tommy Townsend
All BRMEMC members in attendance will receive a complimentary ticket to the 49th Annual Fall Regional Shelby/Mustang and Ford Show. Food vendors will be available at the Shelby Show for purchasing lunch.
Voting Information for the 2022 Annual Meeting
- Members will be mailed an official notice of the Annual Meeting and mail-in ballots in mid-August.
- Members that we have an email address on file will also receive an email to vote online. The body of the email will contain online voting credentials.
- Survey and Ballot Systems will handle the voting process.
- Three members of the Board of Directors terms expire at this year’s Annual Meeting. The Nominating Committee has nominated the following members as candidates:
- Gene Mason (incumbent), Union County, Ga.
- Cory Payne (incumbent), Clay County, N.C.
- Ray Cook (incumbent), Cherokee County, N.C.
- Nominations made by petition closed on Monday, July 18. There were no nominations made by petition and in accordance to the bylaws no nominations may be made from the floor.
- In addition to the election of directors, the Board of Directors is proposing a bylaw amendment that will be voted on by mailed-in ballots, online voting or in person at the Annual Meeting.
- Preliminary Election Timeline
- Voting begins Monday, August 22
- Online voting ends Thursday, September 22
- Mail-in ballots must be received by Survey and Ballot Systems on Thursday, September 22
- In-person voting occurs on Saturday, September 24 at the Annual Meeting
BRMEMC's Annual Meeting will be held in the Anderson Music Hall at the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds on Saturday, September 24