BRMEMC's 2021 Annual Meeting
BRMEMC’s 83rd Annual Meeting scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 23 will now be held at BRMEMC's headquarters in Young Harris, Georgia out of concern for our members' and employees' health and safety due to the increase in COVID cases in our area. The Annual Meeting will be a drive-thru style meeting where members will remain in their vehicles at all times.
Registration and voting: 4-6 p.m.
Business session: 6 p.m.
Drive-thru Annual Meeting Information
- When members arrive on campus they will be directed to drive through the warehouse bay to register, enter door prizes, and vote if they haven’t already voted online or by mail-in ballot.
- Members who are not voting in person have the option to leave or to park in the designated parking space in front of the truck shed for the business session.
- Members who need to vote in-person will be given a paper ballot by a Credentials & Elections Committee member; these committee members will be wearing lime green vests. A voting lane is designated for members who need to complete their ballots. After completing their ballot, members will drop their ballots into collection boxes provided by a Credentials & Elections Committee member and at that time can leave or park in the designated parking area for the business meeting.
- A designated FM radio channel will be available for members to listen to the business session.
- Members do not have to be present to win or collect door prizes.
- See aerial map below for layout and traffic flow.
- Members will be mailed an official notice of the Annual Meeting and mail-in ballots in mid-August.
- Members that we have an email address on file will also receive an email to vote online. The body of the email will contain online voting credentials.
- Survey and Ballot Systems will handle the voting process.
- Three members of the Board of Directors terms expire at this year’s Annual Meeting. The Nominating Committee has nominated the following members as candidates:
- Gayland Trull (incumbent), Fannin County, Ga..;
- Roy Perren (incumbent), Towns County, Ga.;
- Jack Lance, Jr. (incumbent), Union County, Ga.
- Nominations made by petition closed on Monday, July 19.
- Preliminary Election Timeline
- Voting begins Monday, August 23
- Online voting ends Wednesday, September 22
- Mail-in ballots must be received by Survey and Ballot Systems on Wednesday, September 22
- In-person voting occurs on Thursday, September 23 at the Annual Meeting
2020 Annual Meeting Highlights
- Over 80 members attended the Annual Meeting and 21 remained for the business meeting.
- 5,960 total members voted via online, mail-in ballots and in-person.
- Electric rates held steady over the year with no BRMEMC imposed rate increases.
- BRMEMC will be passing through a temporary TVA rate reduction credit to its members beginning Oct. 1 and continuing to Sept. 30, 2021. Residential members will see a 1.4% rate reduction on their KWH usage.
- Board of Directors incumbents Jeff Ledford from Clay County, North Carolina and Bert Rogers from Towns County, Georgia ran uncontested and were re-elected. Incumbent Danny Henson from Union County, Georgia was re-elected for the contested Union seat.
- Click here to read the press release that recaps the 2020 Annual Meeting.
BRMEMC's Annual Meeting will now be held at its headquarters in Young Harris, Georgia. The map above shows the layout and traffic flow for the Annual Meeting.
- 2021 Official Notice
- Sample Ballot
- 2021 Board of Directors Candidates
- 2021 Nominating Committee
- BRMEMC-Director Candidate Sheet
To view the forms, a PDF viewer such as Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® must be installed on your computer. You can downloaded the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® from the Adobe website.