As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have taken steps to protect and assist our members, employees and the communities we serve. Below you will find information related to the operations of Blue Ridge Mountain EMC.
Keeping our employees and the public safe
- As of May 18, our lobby and drive thru are open. Visitors to the lobby will see directional signs for entering and exiting the lobby; and floor markers to assist the flow of foot traffic for rendering services; all while abiding by state and federally recommended social distancing guidelines. We are suggesting that visitors consider wearing masks upon entry of the building, and if sick, to please not enter the building, but instead call Customer Service at (706) 379-3121 for assistance over the phone.
- When entering walk-in offices, visitors will be required to put on a disposable mask that the EMC will provide. Our employees will also be wearing a mask and a glass partition will be separating visitors from the employees.
- We have a thorough sanitization regimen in place in our buildings and we encourage employees to wear masks and practice good hand washing techniques.
- For the safety of our linemen, crews and fiber splicers, we ask them as well as our members to adhere to social distancing of 6 feet or more when encountered.
- We continue to follow CDC guidelines for prevention and social distancing.
Assisting our members
- We continue to offer the reliable power you depend on, and our crews will respond to power outages as they arise.
- We temporarily suspended disconnects for non-payment through June 30, 2020. Beginning with power bills due in July 2020, disconnects will no longer be suspended for non-payment. Members will have three options to pay any past due balances through June 2020. Watch this video or click on this infographic for more information.
- BRMEMC Lobby Opens - 5/18/2020
- BRMEMC Drive Thru Opens - 5/1/2020
- BRMEMC Lobby Closure 4/3/2020
- COVID-19 Statement 3/12/2020
To view the forms, a PDF viewer such as Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® must be installed on your computer. You can downloaded the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® from the Adobe website.